Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Legends of the Fall.



Contemplating the close of Vibe magazine I am truley sadended. As a young fashion maven while in college I dreamed of one day gracing the pages with artisticly styled images of beautiful people. I read the masthead every month to become familiar with the entire fashion department. I think I read Vibe and Vibe Vixen more than I read my school books...well at least they were my first choice for reading material. I lived for the 20 questions. Nonetheless I am very sad to see it go. First I parted ways with Suede Magazine who moved from my fashion magazine collection after a few editions to my vintage book collection. Now Vibe. There is a need for tangible reading material full of African-American people, beautiful, successful and amazing. With the growth of e-zines and the decline in the economy I understand the change but there is nothing like flipping pages. May there fashionable souls rest.


No comments:

Post a Comment